Could I have diabetes?
I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes, but I'm always hungry, even after eating a meal, and I often feel tired and lethargic, even after a good nights sleep (about 8-10 hours).
Could it be diabetes? Please help.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Whilst tiredness is a symptom of diabetes, the other symptoms you have mentioned are not commonly associated with diabetes. Tiredness is a symptom associated with many conditions so I couldn't really comment on what may be causing this for you.
The most common signs of diabetes are:
- Going to the loo all the time to do a wee
- feeling really thirsty and drinking all the time
- feeling really tired, and wanting to go to sleep all the time
- getting really skinny and you don't know why
- itchiness or soreness from where you do a wee
- things looking all blurry
- if you cut yourself, it takes ages to get better
If you are concerned about any of the symptoms you have been experiencing, it would be a good idea to arrange an appointment with your doctor to make sure everything is ok or have a chat about them with your parents and see what they think.
With best wishes
Do you have a question?