Now with even greater flexibility
Diabetes UK Insurance Services are always striving to bring you more, and we’re pleased to announce a change to our annual travel insurance. Our multi-trip policies have had age increases, and are now available up to age 75, or up to age 70 if including travel to USA, Canada and Caribbean. Single-trip policies still have no upper age limit.
New price, same friendly and experienced team. Call today for information and a no obligation quotation on 0800 731 7431, or email email@example.com.
Purchasing peace of mind just became even more flexible.
Even greater choice – gold, silver and bronze travel insurance
The new and unique Diabetes UK Insurance Services travel insurance policy now offers even greater choice, with three levels of cover – Gold, Silver and Bronze. All cater for people with diabetes, their families and friends travelling with them. Gold, Silver or Bronze – it's your choice.
The benefits of all Diabetes UK Travel Insurance policies:
- All medical conditions included.
- No separate referral for medical screening. Our questions are designed to assess your individual condition.
- The documentation confirms all information declared.
- Worldwide cover is available.
- No upper age limit on our single-trip policies.
- Annual Worldwide policies now available up to age 75 or up to age 70 if including USA, Canada and the Caribbean.
- Single-trip policies available up to 365 days. (May be restricted to 92 days depending on age, destination and health.)
- Annual multi-trip policies cover trips up to 45 days.
- Waiting list cover available.
Our diabetes travel insurance policy wording offers all the cover you would expect from a Gold standard travel policy. This includes:
- Cancellation cover up to £5,000: this includes cover against redundancy or the redundancy of any person you are intending to travel with.
- £1,000 for the costs of extra accommodation and transport to replace your original carer should they have to cancel their journey with you, provided they were insured on this policy.
- Medical expenses cover, which includes cover for loss of medication up to £300.
- Personal baggage cover up to £2,500, which includes cover for mobility aids (wheelchair, motorised wheelchair, walking frame/sticks and crutches).
- Home help or nanny – cover up to £300 for the cost of additional home help or a registered nanny after being repatriated during your journey.
In addition to the above, the Gold package of cover includes an excess of £50.
If you're searching for superb savings, you'll find them with Silver insurance, giving you the full medical cover of Gold and with a 15% discount off that rate when you call for this package. Not only that, if you purchase online, you can receive a further reduction – a 10% online discount. The only differences in your comprehensive cover will be that any excess will be increased from £50 to £75 and cancellation cover is reduced to £2,500.
Brilliant budgeting with Bronze – still incorporating the main benefits of Gold – with medical cover for diabetes and other medical conditions – but the discount you'll receive increases to 20% off Gold prices. Not forgetting that if you decide to purchase online then a further discount of 10% is applied. Please note that excesses are increased from £50 to £100 and both cancellation and baggage are reduced to £1,000 of cover.
For full policy details and Terms and Conditions, please refer to the policy wording. You can view the Policy Booklet document online.
In the event of having to make a claim, please make use of the relevant travel insurance claims forms.
Contact us for a quotation today
Buy online or call on 0800 731 7431 quoting 'website'.
In addition, when you buy your cover online you will receive a 10% discount off your premium.
Alternatively, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your contact details and a time to call at, and we will contact you. Our specialist representatives are available Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm.
Supporting Diabetes UK
For every policy sold, Diabetes UK Insurance Services will make a donation to Diabetes UK at no additional cost to you.
The dangers of travelling without the proper cover
Most standard travel policies will have a pre-existing medical conditions exclusion. If you travel with a medical condition and then had to make a claim then any medical costs relating directly or indirectly to that medical condition would be excluded.
This means treatment for your condition and any complications will not be covered.
Insurers require disclosure of pre-existing medical conditions of all members of the travelling party, even if not covered under the same policy e.g. a husband and wife. Failure to do so may lead to a claim being rejected. This is why Diabetes UK Insurance Services always suggests that all members of the travelling party are insured on a travel policy covering pre-existing medical conditions.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
If you use the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to reduce the cost of any medical treatment, then the £50 excess for each and every claim for Medical and Emergency Expenses will not apply.
Please note that the EHIC is not a replacement for travel insurance. The EHIC allows you to access state-provided healthcare in all European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland. There are conditions and restrictions as to what is covered and the EHIC does not provide any cover for repatriation.
Full details of the cover provided by the EHIC can be found on the EHIC website. This also provides a link giving you details of the conditions and restrictions in each country.
Diabetes UK Insurance Services is a trading name of Heath Lambert Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered Office: 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE. Registered No.: 1199129 England & Wales. www.gallagherheath.com