November - December 2013
To get a taste of what Balance has to offer, you can sample three features from the latest issue:
Type 2: the direct road t remission
Could Type 2 go into remission with a low-calorie diet?
A bumpy ride
Teenage trouble, diabetes and an eating disorder. Ways to cope with this triple whammy.
Exercise those winter blues away with our handy tips.
New: Balance podcast
We are pleased to present our new Balance podcasts – an audio version of the magazine that you can download and listen to on your computer or MP3 player.
There are four versions available: Life & Health, Research Matters, Features & Comment, and a selected digest of the magazine.
You can save the files to listen to on your MP3 player by right-clicking on the title and selecting 'Save target as' or 'Save link as' (depending on your browser).
We're piloting these podcasts for a few issues, and would love to know what you think about them. If you'd like to let us know, please use the quick feedback form.
Other content, not available online
- This is Diabetes UK
- They say, we say
- Research matters – the latest research from around the world
- Opinions and Letters
- Recipes – a feast to remember: delicous, guilt-free festive fare
- Bite-sized – Food news and tips
- Walk – Winter wonderland: there are plenty of reasons to wrap up warm and go outside
- Fun & games – Win £100 John Lewis vouchers and a Virgin balloon flight!
- Different types – Arthur Smith and Mari Wilson tell it like it is
- You've got a friend
- Say goodbye to food waste
- Go West
Life & health
- Ask the experts – answering your concerns on: diabetes documentary confusion, travel letter holiday costs and carbohydrates and front-of-pack food labelling
- Spotlight on – hangovers
- Basic care – Paying attention to your teeth and gums.