Diabetes UK Cymru
Diabetes UK Cymru helps people with diabetes, healthcare professionals and volunteers by providing local support and information.
People with diabetes
- We send regular newsletters and publications to people with diabetes and their families updating them on research, fundraising events and any other diabetes- related news.
- We provide talks to schools and community groups about diabetes to ensure that those living with the condition have the right amount of support, no matter where they are.
- We provide information over the phone and can send out information packs for a better understanding of how to manage diabetes.
- We promote the involvement of people with diabetes, their friends and families in the planning of local diabetes services.
- We hold a variety of fundraising, support and awareness events throughout the year.
- We run events aimed at people with diabetes and their families in order to help them discuss their experiences and feelings with others in the same position.
- We ensure that diabetes awareness and understanding is raised through the Welsh media.
- Improving diabetes care in Wales by establishing good connections with Health Boards and healthcare professionals.
- Providing support and up-to-date information on all aspects of diabetes, including update evenings.
- Holding awareness events and attending external events.
- Providing feedback from people with diabetes about healthcare service.
- Empowering people with diabetes by better informing them about the condition and how to self-manage.
Volunteers and Fundraisers
- Managing and supporting our network of voluntary groups across Wales, which meet monthly to support people with diabetes.
- Providing materials needed for fundraising and awareness events.
- Developing new partnerships with businesses.
- Working with other voluntary organisations to help patients have a say in their care.
- Promoting fundraising and awareness events.
- Holding organised events which groups of volunteers or individuals can get involved in.
- Providing a range of opportunities for volunteers which fit around their schedule and skill sets.