Centre for Endocrine & Diabetes Sciences
Room 254A – C2 Link
University Hospital of Wales
Tel: 029 20745877
This one-year distance learning course is exclusively available to graduates of the Diploma in Diabetes and is carefully designed to assist your career as experts, leaders and innovators in the field of diabetes.
The MSc Diabetes is divided into a 12-week taught section followed by an individual dissertation. The taught element of the course mirrors the popular discussion-based format of the Diploma in Diabetes and looks in-depth at key concepts in statistics, trial design, and assessment of evidence from clinical trials. You will be guided by our expert faculty as you develop the ability to analyse and evaluate evidence from studies, effectively and competently.
This is a distance learning course and is all online.
One-year course (part time)
£3,500 per year.
Type of study
Online distance learning course.
Candidates should posses an initial degree in Medicine.
How achievement is assessed
Marks are based on a 20,000-word dissertation submitted at the end of the course.
The first 12 weeks make up a 'taught' section which will provide students with a mix of reading material, discussion points and an individual assignment. This will be completely online. After these twelve weeks, students will be allocated a Supervisor from our faculty (experts in their fields) and will begin 40 weeks of contact before submission of the dissertation.
- Our course is open to multidisciplinary participants (even if only one discipline attends) or there is a justification for it only being open to members of certain disciplines. YES
- Our course has been planned/developed with the input of independent advice from people with diabetes (e.g not using one of the team who also has diabetes but seeking an outside view) YES
- Our course has a structured written curriculum or programme YES
- Our course has specific, documented learning outcomes which are linked / or will be linked to the Skills For Health competencies as they develop YES
- Our course is delivered by people who are (or are supported by people who are) qualified in or have proven experience in up to date principles of adult learning and teaching YES
- Our course is evidence based both educationally and clinically YES
- Our course is systematically evaluated to ensure that it delivers what it promises to its audience YES
- Our course has a robust internal quality assurance programme YES
- Our course has been accredited or educationally reviewed by an external body, either as a stand alone course or event or part of a larger, modular course YES