Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Entrants must apply to participate in Swim22 (whether on their own behalf or as the leader of a Participating Team) by completing a Registration Form. By submitting a Registration Form, the Entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
2. By submitting a Registration Form (whether on his or her own behalf or as part of a Participating Team), the Entrant acknowledges and confirms that, to the best of his or her knowledge and belief, he or she is healthy and fit to swim, understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in Swim22 entirely at his or her own risk.
3. In submitting a Registration Form on behalf of a Team, the Entrant further acknowledges and confirms that: (1) to the best of his or her knowledge and belief, every member of the Team is healthy and fit to swim, understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved and has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at his or her own risk; and (2) where a member of the Team is under the age of eighteen (18) at the date of the submission of the Registration Form, the consent of that Team member’s parent/guardian has been obtained for that Team member’s participation in the Event.
4. An Entrant may participate as an individual and/ or as part of a team subject to the instructions which can be found on the Website.
5. Registration Forms will be accepted or refused by the Event Organiser (acting in its absolute discretion) and all decisions of the Event Organiser are final. All successful applicants will be notified by way of the Entry Confirmation. Only those applicants who have received an Entry Confirmation shall be entitled to participate in the Event, subject always to the Terms and Conditions.
6. Swimming can be strenuous and you must make sure you are in good health. The Entrant acknowledges that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. The Entrant must be able to swim a 100m leg without difficulty. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health, you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
7. Diabetes UK do not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss and/ or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at, and/ or participation in the Event by each Entrant. Entrants are advised to obtain such insurance themselves if required or desired.10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.