Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Entrants must apply to participate in Swim22 (whether on their own behalf or as the leader of a Participating Team) by completing a Registration Form. By submitting a Registration Form, the Entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
2. By submitting a Registration Form (whether on his or her own behalf or as part of a Participating Team), the Entrant acknowledges and confirms that, to the best of his or her knowledge and belief, he or she is healthy and fit to swim, understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in Swim22 entirely at his or her own risk.
3. In submitting a Registration Form on behalf of a Team, the Entrant further acknowledges and confirms that: (1) to the best of his or her knowledge and belief, every member of the Team is healthy and fit to swim, understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved and has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at his or her own risk; and (2) where a member of the Team is under the age of eighteen (18) at the date of the submission of the Registration Form, the consent of that Team member’s parent/guardian has been obtained for that Team member’s participation in the Event.
4. An Entrant may participate as an individual and/ or as part of a team subject to the instructions which can be found on the Website.
5. Registration Forms will be accepted or refused by the Event Organiser (acting in its absolute discretion) and all decisions of the Event Organiser are final. All successful applicants will be notified by way of the Entry Confirmation. Only those applicants who have received an Entry Confirmation shall be entitled to participate in the Event, subject always to the Terms and Conditions.
6. Swimming can be strenuous and you must make sure you are in good health. The Entrant acknowledges that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. The Entrant must be able to swim a 100m leg without difficulty. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition, or if you are in any doubt about your health, you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
7. Diabetes UK do not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss and/ or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at, and/ or participation in the Event by each Entrant. Entrants are advised to obtain such insurance themselves if required or desired.10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Fundraising Reward Incentives - terms and conditions
Your chance to earn a reward for your fundraising efforts.
This incentive closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 22nd June 2017. It is open to anyone who fundraises for Swim22 2017 and includes only monies received by Diabetes UK by the June 22nd deadline.
Terms and conditions
- These reward incentives are open to anyone who is resident in the UK and: (i) who is over the age of 18 years at the date of registration, or (ii) to anyone who registers on behalf of someone under the age of 18 years , other than employees of Diabetes UK and their immediate families. If registering on behalf of anyone under the age of 18 years, you will only be eligible for one entry into the competition regardless of the number of under 18s registered.
- How to enter: Submit your fundraising money to be received by Diabetes UK by June 22nd 2017. If you are sending offline money, please include your details so we can attribute this to you. i. £150-£249 earns a Diabetes UK USB duck ii. £300+ earns a Swim22 towel iii. £400-£499 earns a Swim22 towel and entry into a prize draw to win one of 10 iHealth watches iv. £500+ earns a Swim22 towel and entry into a prize draw to win one of 5 £100 Tesco vouchers.
- The competition will close at 11.59pm on the 22nd June and money received after that may not be eligible for these incentives.
- An individual may only enter the incentives once.
- We will not be responsible for any costs incurred by entrants in entering this competition.
- Those eligible will be determined from all valid submissions by a senior member of Diabetes UK by Friday 30th June. The eligible entrants will be announced on Monday 10th July by email.
- The prizes will be dispatched within 3 days of the confirmation email. Diabetes UK will not be liable for any damage to, or loss of, the prize once it has been posted. We accept no responsibility for delay by the postal services, for incorrect address details, or for any other unforeseen circumstances that may delay delivery.
- If there is any dispute about the receipt or validity of any entry or the drawing of the prize or any other aspect of the prize draw, this dispute will be decided by Diabetes UK, whose decision will be final and not subject to review or appeal.
- The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as offered. There are no cash alternatives or cash substitutes for the prize. We may, without notice, substitute any prize for another of equal or greater value.
- The winner will be responsible for any and all costs associated with the setup, maintenance and use of the prizes. Diabetes UK will have no responsibility for any costs other than those connected to the procuring of the prize itself.
- By entering, the winner agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity we arrange. The winner’s name and image may be used in a variety of our channels which include, but are not limited to online content, websites, social media, network pages, within our magazines, promotional emails or other Diabetes UK communications.
- Diabetes UK reserves the right to amend or withdraw the incentives at any time as we, in our absolute discretion, considers necessary. Any changes will be posted on this webpage.
- We may disqualify you from winning the prize if we have reasonable grounds to suspect you may be in breach of these terms and conditions and/or your participation in the reward incentives may be fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website. Any changes will apply to all entries received after the date the changes are posted.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize but this shall not exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- By entering the competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and entry will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Diabetes UK will store your personal data securely for the purposes of the Swim22 event and competition, and will only use your personal data for the purpose of the challenge and rewards, unless you opt into further marketing communications.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.