- Add the pork, garlic, lemon juice and pepper to a food bag, seal, then mix well. Add the pork and mix until thoroughly coated. Leave in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the cores. Cut each quarter in half so you have 16 wedges in total.
- Slice the onions into ½cm rings. leaving the skin on as this holds them together on the barbecue.
- Put the apples and slices of onion on the BBQ or griddle pan, use a spatula to carefully turn the onion slices. Cook for about 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of your barbecue.
- Once the onions are cooked, remove the skin, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and shake them up.
- Cook the pork steaks for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Cut into them to check they're cooked through, remove from the barbecue and cover with foil. Leave to rest for 3-4 minutes, before serving with the onion and apple, plus plenty of salad.
- This also works well with lamb steaks, chicken breast or turkey escalopes.
- You could also cook this on a griddle pan or under the grill. If you don't have a large griddle pan, cook the onions and apples first and keep them warm while you cook the meat.
- If you want to prepare the apples beforehand ready for grilling, drizzle the wedges in a little lemon juice to stop them browning.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Portion for freezing. Defrost in the microwave then reheat covered in foil in a moderate oven. Reheat until piping hot.