- Grate the zest from 2 oranges and reserve the juice.
- Add the chestnuts to a lightly oiled pan and cook for 2 minutes until hot. Add the orange juice and half the zest. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- When the juice has reduced and thickened to a syrup, stand back and add a tot of brandy and allow to catch fire. The flame will soon die down and you can then stir in the rest of the orange zest and serve.
- If you don’t want to use alcohol, just add a tablespoon of water or rose water instead – but of course it won’t catch fire!
- Freezing instructions: Defrost in the microwave then reheat until piping hot.