- Place a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Break the chocolate into squares and add to the bowl, making sure the bowl is not actually touching the water. Add the sugar and gently stir until the chocolate has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Next, add half of the crème fraiche to the bowl, mixing thoroughly, then remove from the saucepan. Stir in the rest of the crème fraiche.
- Add the egg whites to another bowl, and whisk until they're stiff and fluffy. Then, fold them carefully into the chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 small glasses or espresso cups and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish each mousse with a raspberry, and serve the rest of the raspberries alongside. You could also add extra fruit when serving, such as blueberries, orange segments and sliced fresh figs, along with a few sprigs of fresh mint.
- Serve one bowl of mousse surrounded with chunks of fruit on cocktail stick to create a chocolate fondue.
- Strawberries, apple, pear, banana and kumquats are all great for dipping. Or try sugar-free marshmallows.
- Add the finely grated zest of an orange to the melting chocolate to give your mousse a subtle chocolate flavour or add a teaspoon of almond extract for extra flavour.