- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Melt the spread in a small pan, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking continuously, and simmer for a minute until you have a thick sauce.
- Stir through the cheese, mustard and herbs, and season with the black pepper.
- Place the cod pieces onto a baking sheet and spoon over the sauce.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Serve with rice and your choice of vegetables.
- Try using different herb combinations, such as parsley and dill or coriander and chives.
- This topping is suitable for mackerel fillets, haddock, river cobbler or tilapia.
- You could allow the sauce to cool then spread over the fish and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove from the fridge for 10 minutes before cooking as normal.