- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the chicken and carrot and cook for a further 4 minutes, again stirring regularly.
- Add the courgette, curry powder, nutmeg, paprika and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the chilies, tomatoes, and stock, bring to the boil, turn down the heat, cover and simmer gently for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 400ml of water to a saucepan and bring to boiling point, turn down the heat and stir in the fufu flour. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes until all the flour is absorbed and there are no lumps. Remove from the heat, beat vigorously with a wooden spoon and continue to mix for 2 minutes until you have a smooth dough.
- Wet your hands and divide the fufu into four balls. Share the soup between four bowls and carefully place a portion of fufu on top of each pepper soup to serve.
- You can make the pepper soup with lamb or beef instead of chicken.
- For a vegan/vegetarian version replace the chicken with a medium chopped aubergine and 200g mushrooms.