- First, make the pastry. Place the flour in a bowl and using a fork, mix in the herbs, egg, olive oil and water until it forms a dough. Shape the dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6 and make the filling. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, garlic and pepper and fry for three minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the cauliflower, courgette, celery and carrot and continue to fry for three minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, stock, Parmesan cheese, herbs and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Transfer to a pie dish. Roll out the pastry and cover the pie.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- You could make this vegetarian by using a Parmesan alternative or use a little vegetarian goat's cheese.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.