- Mix the sumac, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and mint together to make the vinaigrette, then reserve.
- Mix the lentils, tomato, green pepper, cucumber and onion together, then stir in the vinaigrette.
- Place the chopped lettuce in the centre of a serving dish, and the whole lettuce leaves around the outside.
Pile the lentil mixture on top, arrange the tomatoes around the outside, sprinkle with a good pinch of sumac and serve.
- Try adapting the recipe with your favourite vegetables - most will work with this salad.
- The salad is extra delicious if sprinkled with a little crumbed goat’s cheese.