- Wrap each chicken thigh around a cinnamon stick.
- Mix together the garlic, paprika, cumin and half the oil. Place the chicken into a non-metallic dish, spoon over the spice mixture and coat, then leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the chicken pieces (still wrapped around the cinnamon stick) and brown all over. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the carrot and beans to the pan, cook over a low heat for about 5–6 minutes. Stir in the turmeric and add all the remaining ingredients to the pan, along with the chicken.
- Pour over the stock, bring to the boil cover and simmer for 12–15 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Season, garnish with mint and serve with plenty of steamed couscous.
- If you don’t have cinnamon sticks add 1 tsp ground cinnamon to the marinade.
- For a gluten-free alternative, serve with basmati rice sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.