- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry until light brown.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and chilli powder, mix well and continue to cook until the onion is softened. Add 2 tbsp water and stir
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan with the garam masala, yogurt and 200ml water, cover and simmer for 8–10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- You could use turkey escalope or chicken breast in place of thighs.
- For a veggie version, add 2 x 400g tins chickpeas and 250g button mushrooms instead of the chicken.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.