- Mix all the ingredients for the pickles together, cover, then set aside, mixing occasionally.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to a non-stick pan, then add the eggs and cook for 30-60 seconds to make a thin pancake omelette. Remove from the pan, roll up, then set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan, add the sliced onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
Add the turkey strips and red pepper, then cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli, cabbage and spring onions, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the nasi goreng paste and mix well, adding a dash of water if it starts to stick.
- Mix in the cooked rice and stir regularly for 4-5 minutes, until piping hot. Put into a serving bowl, top with sliced omelette and serve with the pickled vegetables.
- Don’t store cooked rice for more than 24 hours in the refrigerator. Always chill fully as soon as possible.
- You can use chicken or pork in place of turkey.
- Nasi goreng paste contains shrimp so it’s not vegetarian, so replace it with tofu for a vegetarian option.