- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Flour the worktop and roll out the pastry to a round 25cm in diameter. Brush with a little of the milk and sprinkle over the semolina.
- Mix together the apples, blackberries and half the sugar and place onto the pastry, leaving a 6cm gap around the edge.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry and press together (the top of the pie should remain open) brush with the remaining milk and sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes until golden and the fruit is tender. Serve with a little crème fraiche, yogurt or ice-cream.
- If you like a juicer and softer pie, cook the apple and blackberries for 3–4 mins in a pan with 1 tbsp water and spread over the pastry.
- You could also use pears, apricots, peaches, nectarines or cherries.