- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Place the aubergine, courgettes, garlic and chilli (if using) into an ovenproof dish, drizzle over the oil and vinegar and cook for 30–40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain.
- Toss through the pasta with the pine nuts and ricotta cheese, then sprinkle over the basil and serve.
- If you can’t get ricotta cheese, you could use reduced-fat cream cheese or goat's cheese.