- Add the oil to a large pan, fry the onion and pepper for 3–4 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened.
- Add the carrots and ginger then cook for five minutes, stirring regularly. Remove everything from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the potatoes to the same pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Return the onion, pepper, ginger and carrots to the pan.
- Add the spices and green chilli (the amount will vary according to how hot you like it!) and cook for 3 minutes until the spices start to stick.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and half the spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Once the spinach has wilted, stir in the remaining spinach. Keep in the pan for a further for 1–2 minutes then serve with rice.
- Try replacing the potato with sweet potato, which gives you an extra portion of veg towards your five a day.
- This is great stuffed into halved peppers (any colour) topped with a small amount of cheese and baked for 15-20 minutes at 180°C/gas 4 until golden brown on top.
- Try rolled up in a roti or chapatti with salad and a cucumber raita for a healthy wrap.