- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6. Place the potato, sweet potato and parsnip into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in a roasting dish and drizzle over half the oil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25–30 minutes until golden and tender. Mix together the parsley, polenta, garlic and lime zest in a reasonably flat bowl, and season with the black pepper.
- Dip the sole pieces into the beaten egg and then dip into the polenta mixture to coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the coated fish pieces and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- Serve with the vegetable chips and a fresh green salad.
- You could use this coating on strips of cod, haddock, river cobbler or tilapia.
- You can also make the recipe with strips of chicken or turkey.
- Freezing instructions: Cook, then cool immediately and freeze on a baking sheet. Once frozen carefully bag in portions for use. Reheat thorughly until piping hot.