- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Mix together the flour and baking powder, and stir in 100ml water and the yogurt to form a dough.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough and shape into fingers. Score a couple of lines across each one to make them look authentic and add a slice of almond to create a finger nail.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce by blending together the pepper and tomatoes. Serve.
- To add extra ‘bite’ to your vampire blood, spice it up with some chilli powder.
- Use the witches’ fingers to dip into anything from hummus, tzatiki, a boiled egg, or soup.
- To add extra flavour, try with 10g grated Parmesan, a crushed clove of garlic or 1 tsp caraway seeds. Omit the almond nails and you have a tasty breadstick for any occasion.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Freeze in portions, fingers and sauce separately then defrost in the fridge.