Course duration: flexible - to be tailored to your needs
What are the aims?
Diabetes awareness sessions teach employees about what diabetes is.
The awareness day can include:
- presentations to raise awareness of diabetes
- screenings of the animation film ‘Explaining Diabetes’
- risk assessments for employees, which will assess their risk of developing diabetes over the next ten years
- healthy pledges – your employees can pledge to a healthier lifestyle. We will then follow up these pledges with them at a later date
- display stands with information on diabetes, healthy eating and physical activity to take away.
You have the option to focus on particular activities.
Who is the training for?
The day is suitable for any employer looking to promote a healthy lifestyle amongst the workforce. This will help to show your commitment to the health of your employees.
Why is this important?
The awareness days provide employees with a greater knowledge of the risks associated with developing diabetes. They also encourage greater understanding of the challenges faced by those employees who have diabetes. Ultimately, these events will help raise awareness of the benefits of maintaining a healthy lifestyle to prevent diabetes in later life.
Where does the training take place?
The awareness day can be brought to you and delivered in your workplace. The timings and schedule of the day can be flexible to suit the needs of your organisation and your working hours.
As a manager of staff with diabetes, this gave me a greater understanding of how it affects their daily life, risks to be aware of and support I can offer them.
– Awareness day participant
Contact us for further information
Telephone: 020 7424 1000