CSG 4 will focus on the urgent in-hospital care that people with diabetes need and receive. This group will cover urgent in-hospital care, including - but not limited to - severe hypoglycaemia, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemic state (HHS).
It will also cover in-patient care for people with diabetes and its complications.
Chair: Dr Gerry Rayman, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
Dr Gerry Rayman’s research interests include new technologies in diabetes care, such as improving the early detection of diabetic neuropathy and continuous glucose sensing.
CSGs are bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals and people with diabetes to create a roadmap for new research.
- Dr Goher Ayman, lay member
- Dr Ketan Dhatariya, Consultant in Diabetes, Endocrinology and General Medicine/ Honorary Senior Lecturer
- Brian Garforth, lay member
- Dr Anil Gumber, Reader in Health Economics and Ethnic Health Inequality
- Dr Sheba Jarvis, Academic specialist registrar (ST6 level) / Clinical PhD Fellow
- Andrea Lake, Lead Diabetes Research Nurse/ Senior Diabetes Specialist Nurse
- Dr Glenn Matfin, Consultant Physician, Acute and General Medicine, Diabetes, and Endocrinology & Honorary Professor of Medicine
- Dr Krish Nirantharakumar, Senior Clinical Lecturer, Honorary Consultant in Public Health Medicine
- Dr Mayank Patel, Consultant in Diabetes
- Dr Peter Rogers, lay member
- Dr Christopher Sainsbury, Consultant diabetologist Endocrinology & Diabetes Mellitus
- Professor Mike Sampson, Professor/ Consultant in Diabetes, Endocrinology & General Medicine
- Dr Dinesh Selvarajah, Senior Lecturer Clinical Diabetes, University of Sheffield, Consultant Physician, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Irene Stratton, Senior Medical Statistician/ Honorary Associate Professor
- Dr Frances Wensley, Foundation doctor/ PhD in Epidemiology