Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes.
Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
Diabetes UK is looking to recruit a full time Senior Campaigns Officer. As part of the Campaigns & Mobilisation team, you will play a vital role in bringing about change to improve the lives of people with diabetes and those at risk of developing Type 2.
Your role will help plan and support our influencing campaigns, to bring about change in a range of areas and to ensure diabetes is at the top of the political agenda. This will be a fast-paced and varied role, which involves informing the planning of new campaigns, delivering campaigns in collaboration with a range of other teams, engaging different external audiences in our campaigns, as well as ensuring we evaluate campaigns and monitoring our impact. You will be creative and flexible, passionate about campaigning for change, and able to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
For more information and to apply please go to the i-appoint website
Please ensure you address the essential criteria in your supporting statement.
*Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.