Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Alongside dealing with the current crisis we are also focused on the future to ensure that we can continue to improve the lives of people living with Diabetes. This means translating a fast evolving external world into our strategic direction, which will be taken forward in 2018.
Are you a strategic thinker who can turn this into action? Do you have the ability to provide thought leadership strategic capacity building to a diverse range of teams? Have you provided strategic oversight to a range of organisational programmes of work? If so, you are the person we are looking for. An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Planning and Performance Team at Diabetes UK.
This is a pivotal role within Diabetes UK with responsibility for ensuring our strategy is realised, plans and activities are aligned to that strategy and our performance framework manages risks and drives improvements. The role works with key teams and individuals across Diabetes UK, to harness their skills and expertise in order to achieve this.
The role requires an individual who can demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of working at a strategic level, creating business plans and strategy documents for a complex organisation.
- Ability to work strategically supporting the business to develop roadmaps to achieve strategic aims and focus.
- Excellent experience and understanding of planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience of implementing methodologies for measuring performance and impact.
- Experience of developing and implementing risk management strategies.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and influencing skills, be outcome and delivery focused, well organised, with the ability to work on their own initiative, and to also work collaboratively across the organisation.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays.
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments).
- Early finish Friday and flexible working.
- Discounts on gym membership and days out.
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life.
- Annual Season ticket loan.
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance.
For a full job description, more information and to apply please go to the i-appoint website.
Please ensure you address the person specifications in your supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.