Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well.
As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
The Partnerships Manager will secure and manage high value relationships and or partnerships with current and potential corporate and/or individual supporters. The post holder will be focused on matching high value strategic funders with great funding opportunities at Diabetes UK, and building strong and effective relationships to maximise the value to all parties.
Whilst we expect the individual in this case to specialise in strategic corporate partnership development, the Partnership Managers will work to ensure we have the most joined up approach to funding opportunities and may support other relationships as needed.
Given the experience in the team currently, we are seeking a corporate specialist whose experience may have been gained in charity or commercial sector, B2B, company CSR dept. or any other environment involved in developing multi-faceted strategic relationships. The ideal candidate will above all else have exceptional relationship building skills. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop and broaden their experience – and there may be the opportunity for line management in this role in the future.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
Find out more information and how to apply on the iappoint website.
Please ensure you address the person specifications in your application’s supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.