Are you passionate about involving service users in healthcare improvement?
Diabetes UK has agreed an exciting new partnership with NHS England and Public Health England to support user engagement across the NHS England diabetes programme.
Through the partnership, our goal is to ensure everyone with a stake in the diabetes programme understands it, is clear about how they can help it to be successful and has a voice in shaping local diabetes service improvement.
The Programme Coordinator will:
- Ensure the voices of people with diabetes and those at risk of Type 2 diabetes are heard (including families and carers), through setting up and supporting the delivery of user engagement events and activities.
- Provide high quality programme coordination support, working closely with the Programme Manager to deliver the aims and objectives of the partnership.
This is an exciting time to join Diabetes UK. We have an ambitious new strategy and work with some of the UK’s leading diabetes professionals and healthcare organisations.
The successful candidate will play a key role in helping to shape user engagement across the diabetes programme, making a real and meaningful difference to the lives of people with diabetes.
The best person for this job will be:
- Passionate about user engagement and healthcare improvement.
- A proven programme coordinator/officer with a track record of delivering a range of competing activities and priorities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience (a degree in a health related field or discipline is desirable).
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- enerous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance.
For more information and to apply please visit the i-appoint webiste
If you would like more information or would like to discuss the role please contact Ben Ellis, Shared Practice and Innovation Manager at email@example.com
Please ensure you address the person specification in your supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.
*Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.