Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
The Senior Policy Officer will play a crucial role in the development and promotion of the public health and prevention policy agenda across Diabetes UK and will also influence the wider public health policy agenda, through networking, horizon scanning, consultation responses, evidence gathering and promotion of policy positions.
You will have strong experience in policy development, proven complex problem solving skills and assembling an evidence base. In addition, first-class interpersonal communication skills will be an asset. You will have experience working on policy development, preferably in the health sector and have a sound knowledge of the UK health systems and key issues faced. You will also have a broad knowledge of health service and public health policy issues, excellent organisational skills and ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays.
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments).
- Early finish Friday and flexible working.
- Discounts on gym membership and days out.
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life.
- Annual Season ticket loan.
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance.
For more information and to apply please go to the i-appoint website
Please ensure you address the person specifications in your supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.