Our Inspire Awards are held each year to recognise the invaluable contribution of the volunteers and groups that go above and beyond for people living with diabetes, and to thank them for their commitment.
Nominations for our 2018 Inspire Awards have now opened.
How do I nominate?
Nominating is simple. Have a look at our award categories and selection criteria and decide which award is most fitting for the nominee. Once you've chosen the category, fill in the online form making sure to give plenty of information on how the person you are nominating fits our award criteria including their activities and the difference these have made to people living with diabetes. If you would like to complete a paper version of the form, please email the volunteering team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for nominations
London region: Friday, 16 February 2018 (midnight)
All other regions: Friday 13 April 2018 (midnight)
(Eastern, Midlands, North West, Northern & Yorkshire, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East, South West and Wales)
What are the award categories?
- Campaigning and Influencing
- Reaching out and Connecting
- Supporting Others
- Supporting Diabetes UK
- Young Person's Outstanding Contribution
- Local Group and Community
- John Ireland (Scotland only)
- Long Service Award
For more information about the criteria for each award, please have a look at our award categories page.
What happens after I submit my nomination?
- Once the nomination has been verified, the nominee will receive an acknowledgement letter and is automatically entered for the award.
- Our local judging panels will then choose the overall winner for each category.
- Nominees will be invited to attend a local event, where the winners will be revealed.