Are you worried that you or someone you know has got diabetes?
These are some of the things that children feel before they know they've got diabetes. They're called "symptoms", we call them the 4T's:
- going to the loo all the time to do a wee
- feeling really thirsty and drinking all the time
- feeling really tired, and wanting to go to sleep all the time
- getting really skinny and you don't know why.
- itchiness or soreness from where you do a wee
- things looking all blurry
- if you cut yourself, it takes ages to get better.
If you've got Type 1 diabetes these symptoms come on really quickly, and you usually only feel poorly for a few weeks before someone realises there's something wrong. Then once you start taking insulin, you'll feel better within a few days.
If you've got any of these symptoms, tell your Mum or Dad straight away, and they'll take you to see your doctor.
We've got some posters of the 4T's you could take into your school or any clubs you go to, so more children and paretns know about the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes. You can download them here.