- Add the barley, stock, cumin, cinnamon and pepper to a saucepan. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, then cover and simmer for 20- 25 minutes. Check after 20 and stir to ensure it's not sticking and cook until tender, then remove from the heat and reserve.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tsp oil to a non-stick pan and cook the slices of tofu until browned, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Remove them from the pan to cool a little, then slice into smaller pieces.
- Add the garlic and fresh ginger to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then, return the tofu to the pan, sprinkle on the 5-spice, add half the coriander, mix well and reserve.
- Next, add the rest of the oil to another pan and add the onion, red and yellow pepper and courgette and cook for 5-6 minutes,l stirring regularly until softened.
- Add the peas to the cooked vegetables and mix in the barley. Divide between 2 plates, scatter with tofu, the rest of the coriander, soy sauce and pomegranate.
- Can be eaten hot, or cold as part of a packed lunch.