- Cook the potatoes and parsnips in boiling water, for 12-15 minutes or until tender, drain well then return to the pan. Mash with the milk and the spread until smooth, season well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion, carrot and cabbage and fry for 5 minutes.
- Tip into the mash, form into 3 patties then fry for 4-5 minutes turning halfway through cooking.
- Poach the eggs and serve on the bubble and squeak.
- For a diary-free version, use rapeseed oil rather than spread and soya in place of milk.
- Brussels sprouts are great instead of cabbage.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost in the fridge or in the microwave then reheat until piping hot throughout.
- 'At risk' groups such as infants, children, pregnant women, the elderly and those who are unwell should avoid soft/lightly cooked and raw eggs, unless they can guarantee that they are produced under the Lion code quality assurance scheme.