- Soak the skewers in water for 10 minutes, so they don’t burn.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4 and lightly oil a large baking tray.
- Mix the chicken with the Chinese five-spice, sesame oil, soy sauce and honey, ensuring even coating.
- Thread peppers and chicken alternately onto the skewers and bake for 8–10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange on a serving platter and scatter with spring onion, cucumber and pomegranate.
- You could use turkey or pork – or any meaty fish – instead of chicken.
- You could make this dish up to 24 hours in advance, and leave the chicken to marinade overnight.