- Add the cumin and coriander seeds to a dry saucepan and toast for 1-2 minutes. Add the oil and the onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies and chicken pieces and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala and turmeric powder along with the lemon juice, tomatoes and 500ml water.
- Bring to the boil, mix well, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the lentils and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked.
- If you don't have all the different spices to hand, you can use your favourite curry powder or paste.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.