- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Melt the spread in a pan on a low heat and set aside, reserving 2 tsp to oil the baking dish.
- Place the oats and flour in a bowl and mix together. Add the prunes, sultanas, mixed spice and ginger. Mix well.
- Add the melted spread and mix. Add the beaten eggs and 100ml water. Mix well.
- Grease a 20cm x 26cm baking tin, place the mixture in and gently press down to about 1cm thick.
- Dust lightly with sweetener and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, before cutting into 12 pieces and serving.
- Use a potato masher to press the mixture evenly into the baking tin.
- Try using other dried fruits, such as chopped apricots or raisins.
- For a lower fat version, replace 50g of the lower-fat spread with a well-beaten banana.