- Cook the sprouts in boiling water for 10–15 mins until tender. Drain.
- In a separate pan, heat the butter and oil, and then fry the bacon for 3–4 mins until crisp.
- Add the sprouts and chestnuts. Heat through, season and serve.
- You could cook the sprouts in advance, then plunge them into cold water to stop them cooking further. Then just add to the bacon along with the chestnuts and heat for a little longer (2–3 mins) to warm them back up.
- For a vegan version, use olive oil in place of butter and a few shredded sun-dried tomatoes and 5g walnut pieces instead of bacon.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the microwave. Heat until piping-hot, stirring regularly. Eat immediately and discard any leftovers.