Hearing your child has Type 1 diabetes can feel overwhelming. But having good advice early on can make a big difference. That's why we created our Type 1 bag.
Filled with resources, guidance and stories, it will help you make your child's first year with diabetes as simple to manage as possible.
What is the Type 1 bag?
Our Type 1 bag has been created for parents with a child who has been newly diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. It's full of tips and support to help make life a little bit easier.
The Type 1 bag includes:
- A parent’s guide to Type 1 diabetes, our in-depth guide for families
- My Life, our magazine for children.
- Here for you, a guide to the support that is on offer at diagnosis and beyond.
- ‘Make the grade’ parent pack, with everything parents need to make sure their child is happy and healthy at school.
- Away from home guide, which parents can fill in to provide practical information for anyone who is looking after their child.
- Stories about living life to the full with Type 1.