Savefor later Page saved! You can go back to this later in your Diabetes and Me Close

Help improve inpatient care

Have you got diabetes and been in hospital in the past 12 months?

As part of its work to help staff and organisations improve the care they provide to people with diabetes whilst they are staying in hospital, the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement would like to develop a collection of digital stories recording the inpatient experiences of people with diabetes.

The digital story is a recording of your story and you will be able to choose images or photographs and music to accompany your recording.

These recordings will be packaged as a tool to be used to support service improvement.

Recording your stories

To capture your stories they are running a three-day workshop for eight people, from Monday 28 to Wednesday 30 April 2008 near Coventry. Each person attending the workshop will make a digital story of their experience. All expenses will be covered for those who take part.

Taking part

If you are interested in taking part you can call or text the NHS Institute on 07786 191012 (they can call you back) or  to find out more.

More about the NHS Institute

The NHS Institute was established as a Special Health Authority under section 11 of the NHS Act 1977 and operates as an arm's length body (ALB), as part of the NHS.

The NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement supports the NHS to transform healthcare for patients and the public by rapidly developing and spreading new ways of working, new technology and world class leadership.

For more information please visit the NHS website:

What to do if you are unhappy with the care you have received

If you are concerned about the care you have received relating to this or any other healthcare matters:

  • In England, you can contact your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can support you in making a complaint. Information about PALS should be available at the hospital, your GP practice or on your Trust’s website.
  • In Scotland, you can approach your local Citizens Advice Bureau for help with making a complaint. You can find your local bureau on the CAB website:
  • In Northern Ireland, contact your local Health & Social Services Councils, until April 2008. From April 2008, contact the Patient Client Council.
  • In Wales, you can contact your local Community Health Council - visit the website of the Board of Community Health Councils in

Diabetes UK Careline is available to offer support and general information about diabetes.Diabetes UK Careline

Back to Top
Brand Icons/Telephonecheck - FontAwesomeicons/tickicons/uk