Diabetes Update is Diabetes UK's quarterly publication for professionals working in diabetes healthcare and research.
Combining news, features, fact sheets and treatment overviews, the magazine is an accessible source of authoritative, up-to-date information about diabetes care and research.
Diabetes Update is free of charge to Professional Members of Diabetes UK. As a Professional Member, you will also automatically receive our healthcare professional e-newsletter every month.
To get a taste of what Diabetes Update has to offer, you can sample some key features from our latest issue.
Focus on Type 2 Prevention (PDF, 369KB) Marking the third annual Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Week
Journal Club (PDF, 978KB) Is blood glucose management better in children who have insulin initiated at home?
Fact File #40 (PDF, 895KB) Supplements and functional foods in diabetes prevention and management
The Last Word (PDF, 1MB) Senior clinical pharmacist in diabetes Hannah Beba on the best bits of her role
Medicine Digest (PDF, 181KB) Assessing the content of the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
Content not available online
- Letter from the Chief Executive
- Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Week 2020
- Islet transplantation conference
- Focus on DSNs – Jo Dalton, Poole General Hospital
- Clinical trial – low-calorie diets
- Diabetes complications – new research funding
- Type 2 remission
- Hypo awareness
- Campaigning: Pilots with diabetes
- NHS England: Type 2 Diabetes Prevention Week 2020
- Quality in Care: DiabetesIntroducing World Foods
- Diabetes care: Addressing young people’s needs
- Young Diabetologists and Endocrinologists’ Forum: Looking forward to 2020 and beyond
- Medicine digest: The NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
- Journal club: Starting children on insulin
- March to July 2020