18 July 2018
We have appointed twenty healthcare professionals to join our Clinical Champions programme.
The new cohort of Clinical Champions includes consultants, nurses, GPs, dietitians, podiatrists, a pharmacist and our first ever psychologist. They have been selected based on their skills, clinical expertise and passion for transforming care for people with diabetes. We will support them with two years of leadership training and improvement coaching alongside their clinical work, to help them identify improvements and drive vital change to diabetes services in their local areas.
Who are the Champions?
- Dr Ateeq Syed, Consultant
- Dr Beth Marfleet, GP
- Dr Billy White, Consultant Paediatrician
- Dr Clare Hambling, GP
- Gaynor Kebbell, Nurse Facilitator
- Hannah Beba, Pharmacist
- Dr Kate Fayers, Consultant
- Dr Louise Overend, Consultant
- Mel Curtis, Senior Sister Diabetes
- Dr Piya Sen Gupta, Consultant
- Dr Tabitha Randell, Consultant Paediatrician
- Dr Victoria Elliott, Paediatric Psychologist
- Jennifer Hynes, Programme Lead- Structured Education for Type 2 diabetes
- Sandra Wilson, Diabetes Specialist Nurse
What is the Clinical Champions programme?
The award-winning Clinical Champions programme supports healthcare professionals to become strong local leaders, working to address the significant variation in care and treatment for people living with diabetes in the UK.
We launched the Clinical Champions programme in 2014, in collaboration with Novo Nordisk. We now have a network of 85 Clinical Champions across the UK.
To find out more about the programme and who our other Clinical Champions are, go to our programme page.
Interested in becoming a Diabetes UK Clinical Champion?
This is a Diabetes UK project in collaboration with Novo Nordisk which are providing support and funding.