19 January 2016
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) have launched a new Type 1 diabetes online learning tool, which uses activities and case studies to support the implementation of NICE guidance.
The tool is designed for healthcare professionals, to help them apply the NICE guidance to support patients to better self-manage their diabetes.
The tool was developed by the Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE) and includes activities to help with:
- explaining the benefits of structured education in insulin self-management
- agreeing individualised targets and testing regimens
- identifying appropriate insulin regimens
- assessing awareness of hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia
- identifying factors that can contribute to excellent inpatient experience.
Visit theCPPE websiteto find out more.