Working with leaders to unleash the enormous potential of diabetes systems.
We want to work with a group of exceptional system leaders in diabetes.
Each person is provided with professional coaching.
Each person will get responsive support to meet their individual development needs.
The group will work together as a community of peers to challenge and support each other.
The unprecedented scale and complexity of the diabetes crisis and COVID-19 calls for leadership like never before - leadership that is distributed at local levels and unleashes the enormous potential of individuals and systems. This unique programme will provide experienced system leaders with tailored leadership development that will increase the skills, confidence and ambition required to lead across diabetes systems.
How it works
This is different to typical leadership development programmes. It starts with a small group of exceptional people with the belief, ambition and commitment to create systematic change for people affected by or at risk of diabetes, where it's needed most.
In the first six-month phase, each leader is connected with a professional coach who can help identify personal development goals, current challenges and clarify purpose. Consultations with each leader result in a tailored programme of support, bringing in learning content, experts and the opportunity to learn in other places and from other organisation that challenge them to think differently.
A learning community of peers grows from day one, bringing the cohort together to share experience and explore strategies, challenge and support.
We have a full cohort for 2021, but if you’d like us to update you on future opportunities to take part please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible individuals are required to:
- Have a track record of leading change at a system level
- Be established as a leading voice in their field
- Have clear ambition on how they can change the diabetes system in the future.
We are seeking to work with people who:
- Have ambition to change the outcomes of people affected or at risk of diabetes, on a national or large region scale.
- Believe change is possible.
- Are committed to engaging and working with people affected by or at risk of diabetes.
- Have the recognition and credibility among their peers
- Have extensive evidence of experience and understanding that they:
- Can make change happen beyond their own organisation
- Can turn their ambition into reality
- Are committed to tackling inequality
This programme is a Diabetes UK project in collaboration with AstraZeneca UK who are providing support and funding.