Discovering Leadership for Pharmacists programme
30 July - 3 December 2020
A free 5 month leadership development programme for pharmacists with an interest in diabetes. This programme enables you to gain insight into who you are as a leader and how you can champion the role of pharmacists in diabetes care.
In a world where healthcare is changing rapidly in response to the coronavirus pandemic, leading the changes we need to see in diabetes care is more important than ever.
Applications for this programme have now closed. If you would like more information or to express an interest in future Discovering Leadership programmes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll get
- Insights into yourself as a leader and the impact you can make
- Support with developing a project to improve diabetes care in your area
- The chance to connect with fellow leaders in the diabetes community
- The confidence to influence others and lead the changes you want to see
- Coaching support from peers and experts in leadership
- The opportunity to share good practice and ideas
Who it’s for
- Pharmacists looking to develop as leaders to improve care and services for people living with diabetes
- Those seeking personal development in leadership
- Anyone wanting to better understand themselves as a leader
What you can expect
- 4 hours per fortnight over 5 months (mostly self-directed time)
- A programme built to fit in with your schedule, with the flexibility to catch up with sessions at a time that works for you
- A combination of virtual live classrooms, group connection online and access to online materials to support your leadership development
- A network of peers to learn from, engage with and be inspired by
- Space to reflect. We provide the tools and support, you do the thinking
What your leadership journey will look like
Every 2 weeks you’ll be invited to either a live classroom or be provided with online content to help you develop your leadership skills and projects.
Live, interactive classrooms take place on Thursdays at 7pm, lasting no more than 1.5 hours. Recordings will be made available for those times when life gets in the way.
You will also be encouraged to connect through peer groups. You can arrange these at times to suit your group.
- First session: Thursday 30th July | 7 - 8.30pm | Live Connection and welcome
- Details of fortnightly sessions available on registration
- Final session: Thursday 3 December
What do people say about our courses for pharmacy leaders?
"Approached my new job in a whole new light and focused on leading change. Wouldn't have been able to do that without this programme. Really good to take a step back from the nitty gritty of what you are doing and look at the bigger picture."
"As a result of this course, I have developed new relationships with people who will be instrumental in leading diabetes in pharmacy into the future. I would not have had this opportunity without this course."
This is a Diabetes UK project in collaboration with Novo Nordisk who are providing support and funding.