The Delivering Diabetes Care workshops are designed for primary care professionals who want to refresh their basic knowledge of delivering diabetes care and for those who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in caring for people with Type 2 diabetes.
We run these one day workshops in partnership with Education for Health.
The Essentials of Diabetes Care Workshop
(Suitable for all primary care professionals)
- Understand the national picture of diabetes sand how primary care fit into this
- Recognise the potential effect of diabetes on NHS resources
- Utilise behaviour change techniques to increase patient ownership
- Effectively use Diabetes UK resources and support which are available to healthcare professionals and people with diabetes
- Evaluate newer therapy options and devices, and their appropriate use with individual patients
- Become familiar with the latest evidence and guidance for reducing risk of complications in people with diabetes
Enhancing Diabetes Care Workshops
(Suitable for primary care professionals who see more complex cases)
- Evaluate therapy options including injectable therapies
- Consider intensification of medication after metformin, through to triple therapy and beyond
- Recognise and support people with “diabetic burn‐out.”
- Provide appropriate preconception care and advice
- Implement care in more complex cases such as renal impairment and co‐morbidities
- Effectively use Diabetes UK resources and support
Ninety per cent of people who attend felt more confident in treating patients with Type 2 diabetes as a result of this training.
These one day workshops are delivered by experienced trainers and cost £125 per person. Find out when the the next course is running and register.
To find out more about this please email email@example.com.
"Excellent and interesting content, very knowledgeable speaker"