To get a taste of what Balance has to offer, you can sample three features from the latest issue:
Take the gym outside
Take your workout to the great outdoors
Taking care of Mum or Dad
Diabetes can often be tough on the whole family. So how can you explain your condition to the kids?
A lasting gift
Diabetes Uk couldn't exist without gifts in your wills. But what can you actually leave?
New: Balance podcast
We are pleased to present our new Balance podcasts – an audio version of the magazine that you can download and listen to on your computer or MP3 player.
There are four versions available: Life & Health, Research Matters, Features & Comment, and a selected digest of the magazine.
You can save the files to listen to on your MP3 player by right-clicking on the title and selecting 'Save target as' or 'Save link as' (depending on your browser).
We're piloting these podcasts for a few issues, and would love to know what you think about them. If you'd like to let us know, please use the quick feedback form.
Other content, not available online
- This is Diabetes UK
- They say, we say
- Research matters – the latest research from around the world
- Opinions and Letters
- Recipes – bring a touch of the Med to your dinner table
- Bite-sized – Food news and tips
- Fundraising focus – Celebrating your achievements and up coming events
- Fun & games – Win £100 John Lewis vouchers and a copy of Country Walking magazine's 100 Greatest Walks in Britain
- Different types – Arthur Smith and Mari Wilson tell it like it is
- A Type 1 vaccine?
- Highlighting the risk to all
- A lasting gift
- With luck on my side
Life & health
- Health notes – why you should really get your flu jab; DIDMOAD explained; & top tips for talking to teachers.
- Ask the experts – a look at your concerns, including childminders' fees; the disease-condition debate; metformin age limit; buying test strips
- Spotlight on – giving blood
- Basic care – access denied: if you're having difficulty getting the right amount of test strips to manage your diabetes, here's our step-by-step guide to trying to get the number you need.