Diabetes Week is an annual highlight in the Diabetes UK calendar. It’s a time when we bring our supporters together to raise awareness of the condition, and vital funds for our work.
Diabetes Week 2017
Sunday 11 June to Saturday 17 June
Diabetes Week kicks off on 11 June, and this year the theme is: Know Diabetes. Fight Diabetes.
While a lot of people have a good understanding of diabetes and how to manage it, many others aren’t getting the right help and support to look after their diabetes.
Today, 65 people will die early from the condition and hundreds more will face life-changing complications that could have been avoided or delayed if they'd had the right knowledge and support to manage their diabetes. Some of you have that, and are already doing everything you can to manage your diabetes well. But this isn't true for everyone and it's our job to change that. Our vision is a world where diabetes can do no harm. Together, we can make that a reality.
We are encouraging the diabetes community to share their experiences and knowledge. We’d love to hear your stories of how you know more about diabetes because this shared knowledge could help someone else with the condition.
We know that the right knowledge has the power to transform lives. Knowledge gained from the experience of people living with diabetes, knowledge gained from research discoveries, knowledge from the people working with diabetes every day.
This Diabetes Week, we want to hear how you learned more about your condition, to inspire others to do the same, using our hashtag #knowdiabetes
We are fighting every day for people with diabetes. Together, we all need to fight the challenges that diabetes presents – challenges of funding over research, perceptions around Type 1 and Type 2, of better care, rights for people at work and children at school living with diabetes.
Together we can fight diabetes. We can fight against the postcode lottery in care, we can fight for a cure and we can fight on behalf of those who can’t.
This Diabetes Week, tell us what fight diabetes means to you, using our hashtag #fightdiabetes
There are lots of ways to support Diabetes Week.
• Join the conversation on social media using the hashtags #diabetesweek #knowdiabetes #fightdiabetes
• Hear from our supporters on social media – they’ll be sharing their stories of how they ‘know diabetes’ and ‘fight diabetes’ during the week.
• Download our posters to put up in your local community and help us raise awareness. We’ve created a variety of posters to help our supporters understand ‘Know Diabetes. Fight Diabetes’. It’s a great way of showing the work that we do, not only as an organisation, but with our supporters.
• We’ve got two ‘Know Diabetes’ posters, themed on prevention (Know your Risk) and our Type 1 events.
• We’ve got two ‘Fight Diabetes’ posters, themed on research (fighting for a cure) and fundraising (Your Way).
• If you’re a healthcare professional, we’ve also got some posters about what people can do to get more support with their diabetes and how they can manage their diabetes better. We’re also putting a call out for other healthcare professionals to join our professional network.
• We have also developed a blank poster, which you can personalise with your own information.
If you have any questions about Diabetes Week, contact us email@example.com.