- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4
- Make the marinade by mixing the lemon juice, half the olive oil, thyme, garlic and pepper in a dish. Add the raw cod, turning it over to ensure all the fish is coated. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, lightly grease an ovenproof dish with the remainder of the oil, add the fish once it has marinated, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix the tomatoes, white wine, tomato puree, oregano and bay leaves together and heat gently.
- As the fish bakes and the sauce reduces, boil the new potatoes until ready and prepare the side salad using the salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion and cherry tomatoes.
- After the sauce has cooked for 15 minutes, take the fish from the oven and pour the sauce over. Place it back in the oven for 5 more minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- To serve, remove the bay leaves from the sauce and serve with the boiled new potatoes and side salad.
- This dish also works well with haddock, hake or salmon.
- For a veggie version, use a large red onion cut into wedges, a yellow and a green pepper quartered, a small aubergine and a courgette cut into chunks – mix together with the marinade and use in place of cod.