- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the mustard seeds, ginger, chilli powder, coriander, turmeric and fresh coriander and continue to fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and lentils to the pan and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are almost tender.
- Stir in the potatoes and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until tender. Stir through the coriander leaves and serve with a yogurt raita.
- You could use sweet potatoes rather than ordinary potatoes – they count towards your 5 a day.
- For a quick red onion relish to serve with the curry, thinly slice 1 red onion and 1 finely chopped tomato, mix with the juice of 1 lemon and a small pinch salt. Allow to infuse for 10 mins before serving.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.