- Add the oil to a large pan with the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until it starts to brown.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato, and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Now add the tomatoes, lentils, garlic, stock cube, curry paste and 1 litre of boiling water. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the rice for 10 minutes, rinse in a sieve under cold water and reserve.
- Blend the vegetables with a stick blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir the rice into the soup and serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander.
- Add a finely diced chicken breast along with the tomatoes and use a chicken stock cube.
- Try with shredded or diced cooked lamb.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge, or defrost in a microwave stirring regularly.